Here are some quotes I pulled from the text. We'll post the answers about who-said-what-when-about-who later this week! Post your answers under comments!
1. "I'm allergic to the ordinary."
2. "We've reached a turning point. Nobody wears logos any more. People aren't hesitating to mix Lanvin with Topshop. Everything is becoming more democratic."
3. "I don't understand people who say that business and creativity aren't compatible."
4. "I was overwhelmed, but Joseph reckoned that if we could get into A La Mode, we could get into Brown's... by then we were getting very excited with ourselves, so we started thinking about Barney's in New York and Colette in Paris."
5. "You literally have to condense everything you stand for into a box."
6. "Shops are clothes just put in a gorgeous box. But for me, the box itself is as important as the clothes."
7. "In fashion, there are probably only about a dozen well-known art directors, great photographers, stylists, make-up people, and so on. You don't need an advertising agency: you just need an address book with a handful of names in it."
8. What designer created clothes for "women who have double lives"? Who said that of the designer?
9. "He did for dresses what James Bond did for suits." Who is 'he'? And who said this?
10. "If you want me to be the sexy girl, I can do that. If you want me to be the weird girl, I can do that. And if you want me to be the classically beautiful girl, I can do that too."
11. "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day."