The minimalist ponytail takes over Versace. Image courtesy of Harper's Bazaar.
The models at Donna Karan sport the loose ponytail. Image courtesy of InStyle.
Gucci opts for a sleeker version. Image courtesy of Harper's Bazaar.
Everyone knows how to make a ponytail. How about a sleek one, like the Gucci model's? It's definitely a bit more tricky to know how to do. Here's a step-by-step guide for how to make the sleek ponytail.
- Run your hand through your hair in circular rotations to weaken the hair from the roots.
- Make sure that your hair is tangle free. Brush it. Comb it.
- Divide your hair into 3 parts: the top and two sides. Pull the sides back into a ponytail first. Then the top. Pull hair directly back to the center of your head.
- Once you have your ponytails in your hand, give your hair a slight clockwise twist to lock in any shorter layers
- To get the tight chic look, slip hair elastic into the position. You MUST change hands to give it a second or third twist.
- Try spraying a bristle brush with hairspray for a bump-free top.
- Give the hair a slight clockwise twist to interlock shorter layers.
- If you have long, curly hair, flip your hair down to smooth it out.
- If there are still strands of hair flying around, use light hairspray and gently comb with a fine-tooth comb.