April in review (from left): The New Woman, Maganda Fashion Show, Coachella, Reruns Thrift Shop, Maoz Vegetarian, James Castle, and Horse Feathers.
April sure was an exciting month for us at BARE blog. Our writers reported on everything from runway shows and the New Woman to Coachella street style and the SF Vintage Fashion Expo. Here's just a taste of our best posts from the month of April. Click here to read them all.
- Current events: BARE Magazine won Best Overall Publication and Best Magazine at the ASUC Publication Awards. BARE was also interviewed by CalTV. Aimee Shimizu asked for the New Woman to stand up. Danielle Ciappara introduced us to Madonna's daughter's new line. John Kim discussed Google Maps' new venture into 3-D.
- Runway Shows: Amaris Montes made her way over to the Maganda show. Miraya Berke saw interesting looks at AXO Runway. Veronica Lee attended Sway's Spring show. Parris McKenley explored eco-friendly looks at the ASUC's Eco Styles show. BARE previewed the designs behind FAST's Spring 2010 fashion show.
- Street Style: Xiaoqian Lim found interesting outfits at WonderCon. Bernadette Samson discovered stylish guests at Cal Day. Jordan Silver saw girly dresses and chunky wedges at Sway's fashion show. Elizabeth Maxim spotted gnarley outfits at Coachella.
- Interviews: Gina Harris interviewed fashion journalist Katie Hintz-Zambrano and blogger Jennie of Going West.
- Stores: Miraya Berke and Xiaoqian Lim ventured through Reruns Thrift Shop. Miraya also highlighted the Berkeley Poetry Review's Thrift Sale on Sproul.
- Music: Lindsay Brauner jammed to Astronautalis. Yael Levy listened to the sounds of Horse Feathers, while Amaris Montes rocked out to Cold War Kids.
- Art: Kelsey Frazier explored the work of blind multimedia artist, James Castle.
- Events: Polina Polishchuk had a wonderful time at the SF Vintage Expo, as did Katie Sarna at the Christopher Collins Collection Party. Grace Choi and Veronica Lee explored the wonders of reused clothing at Discarded to Divine. Miraya Berke dug through piles of clothing at Kappa Kappa Gamma's LF Trunk Show.
- Food: Grace Choi and Veronica Lee opened our stomaches to the deliciousness that is Maoz Vegetarian.
Phew, that was a mouthful! What was your favorite post this month?