October in review (from left): Daria Werbowy, Ingrid Vlasov, Ironwood BBQ, Hamish Bowles, and James Franco for Candy Magazine.
October sure was exciting month for us at BARE blog. Our writers reported on everything from Lanvin's new collaboration and Picture Me to stalking Chanel and getting down with DJ duo, Designer Drugs. Here's just a taste of our best posts from the month of October. Click here to read them all.
- Current events: James Franco dressed in drag on the cover of Candy Magazine. Lanvin announced its highly-anticipated collaboration with H&M. Aimee Shimizu gave us a midterm review, while Danielle Ciappara discussed Picture Me, a movie inside the world of an American model.
- Runway shows: Stacey McEntire experienced Paris Fashion Week firsthand at Ingrid Vlasov and Vika Gazinskaya, while Jonathan Deniol Rodriguez peeped from the sidelines. Scott Hovdey attended San Francisco's first vegan fashion show.
- Photo shoots: Aimee Shimizu discussed how model Crystal Renn eats spaghetti in Vogue Paris, while Julia Joung lauded the perfect shoot with model Daria Werbowy, photographer Mario Testino, and stylist Lucinda Chambers.
- Music: Our writers covered shows all over the Bay, including the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival, Bridge School Benefit Concert, Sufjan Stevens, and Designer Drugs.
- Art: Scott Hovdey reviewed Post-Impressionist paintings and dyed clothing at the de Young Museum before exploring embroidery at the Lacis Museum of Lace and Textiles. Aimee Shimizu satisfied her inner child at the Pixar exhibit at the Oakland Museum of California.
- Events: Ana Abundo got a signed copy of Lauren Conrad's new book at the Cal Student Store.
- Food: Julie Dinh munched on a ham and mushroom calzone at PIQ Berkeley, while Simone Anne Lang licked the barbecue sauce off her fingers at Ironwood BBQ.
Phew, that was a mouthful! What was your favorite post this month?